Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Am Feeling Fantastic!

Well everyone I am feeling AWESOME with a capital A. I have started exercising again and getting back to eating a more modest diet after indulging a little too much for Christmas. I am cooking great healthy food again and I just feel fantastic. I get tired by lunch time and need a nap but other than that, and a lack of hair I feel like myself! I am having a really good day today. Yesterday I went and bought a bike and a Kiddie trailer (Courtesy of the fundraiser money; thanks girls!) so I can still get some great exercise while my husband is at work during the week. It also makes a great family activity, so it is magnificent.

Yesterday I tried out my new bike and ended up doing around 4km. It didn't really challenge me much but in an effort not to overdo it I decided not to push it. I woke up this morning feeling pretty good and I wasn't sore so today I managed 7km, which I think is rather impressive considering I only did chemo 9 days ago. I am going to aim for 7-10km everyday (except the few days I am sick following chemo). I really want to keep my body in shape and keep some of those endorphins I have been missing so much. I really think exercise is what I have been lacking and why I have been a bit down up until now. Sure I have an excuse to be down but why use it? I would rather look good, and feel even better by challenging myself and keeping active!

I also got a referral to an exercise physiologist so I can have a proper program to follow so I can achieve my fitness goals, while not overdoing it. The physiologist I got referred to is revered by the cancer council and she specializes in helping chemo patients. I am so excited to start!

I am also cooking again, something that is a true love of mine. I made Portuguese chicken with stuffed roasted capsicum, hasselbeck potato's and roasted herb zucchini. I am going to focus on trying many new recipes that are healthy and taste great. I really need some good vegetable recipes because steamed vegetables are getting old really fast. I also made some healthy blueberry oat muffins for a play date I am going on with a good friend. Between cooking, baking and exercise I have found my happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment