Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reached The Halfway Point

This post was typed on January 27th...I just never had a chance to post :)

Well everyone I have had my 3rd Chemo and I am halfway through!! I am so happy to finally reach the halfway mark, I feel like I can see light at the end of the tunnel. It has been a long time coming and it finally feels like I can get through this. After I finish chemo I just need to do 6 weeks of radiation and I am finished.

The only thing I am struggling with is an approved exercise regime.  I know they say to exercise I just don't know when its overdoing it so yesterday I got a referral to an exercise physiologist who specializes with chemo patients. I am looking forward to seeing what she recommends. I got referred by the lovely ladies at the cancer council.

 I also bought a bicycle and a kiddie trailer so I can ride with my boys for a bit of exercise on my two good weeks. Chemo only really seems to knock me about for a week and then I have 2 good, albeit tired weeks. I am hoping between Pilate's and bike riding I can get rid of the 5kg I have put on in the 3 and a bit months since diagnosis. Two of my main drugs Taxotere and Zoladex have the primary symptom of weight gain and water retention so between that and some naughty snacking its all working against me. Hopefully I can overcome it all and kick some of the weight to the curb. Fingers crossed.

Well wish me luck for my last 3 chemo's and kicking this weight gain into submission!

No comments:

Post a Comment