Friday, December 3, 2010

Chemo Session One, Done and Dusted

Well I had my first chemotherapy treatment yesterday. I am AMAZED I am on this blog typing about my experience already. It had blown me away how well I am taking it so far. Yesterday I felt no different albeit a little more tired than usual and was in bed by 9:30pm.

I was so so scared of side effects while being infused with the chemo but to be honest, I never felt a thing. The worst part was the ice gloves so my fingers nails hopefully don't fall out. It all went very smoothly and I am very impressed at how I handled it like a pro. All that fear for nothing, of and I am sure the Valium had a small role in me not freaking out as much as I anticipated.

Today so far I have been tired, a bit seedy feeling (slightly nauseous) and I have had some joint pain. Other than that it was pretty good. I even managed to get in the car to drive to the ice cream man a few houses down because my little boy had his hopes on Mommy taking him not Dad. I am pretty impressed! I am feeling pretty crummy now so I am about to have a ginger lemon tea and I just took some anti-nausea pills and hopefully that does the trick.

Many people say it can take a couple days for the full effect to hit you, I am hoping that through a combination of prayer and meds it doesn't get much worse except for some expected nasty fatigue. So fingers crossed that a couple more days of lounging around the house and I can feel a little better. I am praying it doesn't hit me too too hard,

Here are some pics of my first chemo session.

 There is the needle that has been put in to access my port.

 My fancy drip hookup so I can be infused with the cancer killing poison
My uncomfortable ice gloves, while I get infused with poison number one. The yucky red stuff!

Well that's as exciting as it gets so far, I am hoping I feel even 80% super soon. Although I am handling it way better than expected I still would like to feel better and more like myself. I hope this tea and an early night does the trick. Thanks again everyone for being here for me, comments always welcome and I appreciated the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment