Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Not only is Hair Today Gone Tomorrow my motto for today but it was also the name of a fundraiser bbq and raffle done by my friends for me in which we raised just over $1200 and we donated a large portion to Breast Cancer Network Australia to provide Women with "My Journey" packs. J and L did one heck of a job organizing and we had some great donations from local business's for the raffle. J shaved her head along with her husband and her mother as well. It really was a show of support for me and other women with breast cancer and amazed me of the length people will go to be supportive. Thank you J and L, you did a great job and I am so sorry it has taken me so long to write this post.

Tomorrow is my day to do my head shave. My hair is coming out in clumps now. On December 16th it started to come out in noticeable amounts. I am in shock I think and it hasn't fully hit me, I can't believe I am going to be bald. My husband will be giving me the buzz cut. I told him to prepare for one very upset me and a lot of tears. I think it will be me a box of chocolates, Kleenex and solitude for a few hours to process. Then I will be getting 'wiggy with it' until my hair grows back.

So I have an awesome wig, and a great 'Beau Beau'. I ordered it from the United States in Florida and it seems great. I will give it a test run once my hair is gone tomorrow. If you are interested in getting one here is the site. http://www.4women.com/  I think they are fantastic because you don't have to tie the scarf, it comes all pre-sewn so if someone knocks on the door I can throw it on and not worry about asking them to wait while I figure out how to tie the darn thing. I will buy a scarf or two and learn to tie, so I have a few options but I think the wig and the beau beau will be really great as a starting point.  I really want to order the 'art addiction brown' one in silk but they are not cheap (but you get what you pay for) so I will have to wait....one at a time unfortunately.

My husband is being very supportive of me losing my hair. He keeps telling me I will still be beautiful (I am not a believer, I loved my long hair). Although the one thing he tells me is how excited he is for all my new looks, he thinks its awesome I can change wigs and scarfs and 'Beau Beau's', so I guess I will have to indulge in the fact that its not everyday you can change your look so much, and try to have fun with it. I will keep trying to tell myself that tomorrow when I do the shave, which I am scared to do.

Wish me luck everyone, I am one nervous chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment