Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hair, Reflux and All Things Christmas

Well Christmas is just around the corner and I am super excited. I cannot wait for Christmas, I feel like a kid again...minus the need to stay up all night waiting for Santa Claus. My Christmas eve will be spent with my lovely husband putting together a swing set from 'Santa' for my boys. I have started my Christmas baking, which is very therapeutic by the way and I intend on finishing today and tomorrow so I can get my gift baskets out of the way. I will take pictures of my gift baskets when I finish, I really hope they turn out as well as I want them to.

One person who is on the top of my gift basket list is B, she did a photo shoot with me on Monday. I am so excited to see all the photographs as the sneak peek was fabulous! I got a haircut and when I mean haircut I mean HAIRCUT. I got about 12 inches cut off to make the hair falling out process a little less traumatic. They assure me my hair will be falling out by the handful by December 20th so needless to say I am nervous, yikes! I have a cute little pixie cut now and feel a little like a 10 year old boy but everyone assures me it looks good. My verdict, I LOVE my long hair and intend on growing it all back just as long but this time I will have bangs, I honestly think they suit me.  If I get brave maybe I will post some haircut pics if anyone is interested.

Now as for the reflux I think it will be the death of me. I have been up since 4am and I cannot lay down it is agony. I am taking omeprazol, mylanta and quick eze and I am not sensing an ounce of relief. I have an appointment with my oncologist December 22nd. I can't wait that long so I sent a text to my breast care nurse. I hope she gets back to me quickly and I can just go pick up some better, more effective medication. If I do find a really good reflux medication for the stomach that has been torn apart from chemo I will post it because I think it will be worth its weight in gold if I can find one that's effective. I am sure other people on chemo have this issue as well.

Today I intend on sending Christmas Cards, finishing Christmas shopping and getting the kids photo with Santa. Wish me luck it could be a big day! I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season this year!

1 comment: