Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pathology Results are in....

Ok this is for all of you lovely people who have supported me from the beginning.
I have no idea what all these results mean, all I know is that I need Radiation, chemo and I find out tomorrow if I need another surgery.

I have high grade infiltrating ductal carcinoma measuring 28x24mm. No lymphovascular or perineural invasion is seen.
A) Size: 28x24mm
Grade: 3/3
Clearance margins:
Anterior: 16mm
Posterior: 1mm
Lateral: 8mm
Medial: 8mm
Superior: 17mm
Inferior: 13mm
DCIS: High Grade
Others: Adenosis with lactational change
Hormone Receptors:
Oestrogen Receptor:
-Intensity Score: 1/3
-Proportion Score: 1/5
-Total Score: 2/8
Progesterone Receptor:
-Intensity Score: 1/3
-Proportion Score: 2/5
-Total Score: 3/8
HER-2 (neu): 2+ Negative
B) Three benign and reactive lymph nodes identified, there is no evidence of metistatic disease **big smile**

Ok so those are my results my breast surgeon got called into a meeting so I never got any answers. He will call tomorrow and let me know if I need additional surgery since my posterior margin is less than 1mm. They said surgery was a sucess in the fact they got all of the cancer but the clear margin is great everywhere but posterior so they may want to remove more tissue as a precaution. I meet my oncologist next wednesday and get all my answers regarding chemo and raditation and what type I will need. I also am booked in for CT and bone scan on the 21st. I am happy with the results today as its a good thing no lymph nodes are involved that they can tell, now I just hope CT and bone scan come up clear...fingers are crossed we have had enough bad news I think!

On the me front I am doing well despite being uncomfortable from surgery still. I am a bit upset that I cannot go to the gym for 6 weeks post surgery. I really love the gym and I feel so lazy. Its hard to slow down and take it easy when I feel fantastic depiste the shooting pains in my breast and arm pit. I adore everyone for the flowers, cards and gifts. I have such fantastic friends and family!

Thanks for all the support :)

No comments:

Post a Comment