Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bilateral Masectomy Here I Come

Written February 6th

I am obviously devestated and upset by this new revelation, I was more distraught yesterday. I had some big decisions to make. My left breast has to come off regardless but I also have the decision to keep my right one or have the two removed. After much careful consideration I have decided on bilateral masectomy. I would rather never have another chance of a tumor popping up, having a mammogram every 6-12 months for the rest of life and the constant worry about recurrance is too high a price to pay. I will get a reconstruction and implants to match my current size after I finish all my treatments so in about 6 months.

My masectomy is scheduled for Valentines Day; February 14th, 2011. What a day for it, I thought I might be able to have some flowers, chocolates and maybe a present but instead I will be in surgery and recovery.  I should be in hospital for 2 nights according to my surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment