Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two New Tumours :(

Written February 2nd.

Well last week I had a biopsy for two new lumps I found. I never posted because I was clinging to the hope they were benign. Well unfortunately they are not. I have two new tumours that have grown while on chemotherapy. They are very small only 5mm in diameter each. I am very lucky I am still doing breast exams even while on chemotherapy so they think I have caught it very early which is always a good sign.

So I have what is classed as a Local Recurrence which is not the same as the cancer spreading to the rest of my body and can still be cured so long as that while this was growing the cancer has not spread anywhere else. I am booked in to have a CT scan and another bone scan to make sure it has not metastasized to anywhere else in my body.

Now my decision needs to be made on whether or not I want a bilateral (both sides) mastectomy or just a left mastectomy. I have one week to decide, then I meet with my surgeon to sign the necessary paperwork. This is going to be one tough decision.

My mastectomy is scheduled for February 14th, 2011. This is actually quite funny and kind of like de ja vous, considering I had a dream the night before my biopsy that it came back as cancer and I had to have a mastectomy on Valentines Day and I wrote a book about my experience and somehow worked Valentines into the title, haha. Maybe I am a little psychic, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment