Monday, November 8, 2010

Egg Pick Up Complete

Well yesterday I had my egg pick up. It all went well, they say they aim for 8-10 eggs so they can prevent overstimulation of the ovaries. I got 12 eggs so they say I got a bonus! Hopefully majority fertilize and they grow nicely so I can put a good amount on ice. Its a strange feeling thinking my potentially future children are growing in a petri dish.

The surgery went well, although I was pretty sore waking up. They gave me some good pain killers (phentanol) and let me have a coffee and a sandwhich and sent me home. I only had to take a couple doses of panadiene forte (tylenol 3's) and now I feel fine. I am a bit bloated but nothing too bad. I think it went really well.

I am expecting a phone call before 12pm today to let me know how many have fertilized so I will update soon. I cannot wait until my oncologist calls and lets me know when I can use my embryo's....I am so stoked :)

Thanks so much everyone for following me on my journey. I appreciate all the support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment