Thursday, November 25, 2010

Menopause is officially on it's way

Well today I got my first Zoladex injection. I now have a hormone pellet the size of a grain of rice under my skin in my stomach that shuts down my ovaries in an effort to protect them from the effects of chemotherapy.

The injection wasn't that bad, they gave me an emla patch 30 minutes prior to the insertion so it only stung a little bit. The worst part is that they preformed it in the chemo suite. I went in they gave me a hospital ID bracelet, and asked me to go into the chemo section where everyone was being infused with poison. It really made me feel uncomfortable, I felt like I didn't belong...the worst part is I really do belong even if I don't want to admit it to myself. What a scary concept, very soon that will be me hooked up to ECG machines and toxic drips and there is not a thing I can do about it.

I have my new Official Chemo Start Date:

December 2nd, 2010

Well thats all from me today. In a sick and twisted way I am looking forward to chemo so it can be over and done with. I have my port insertion tomorrow so hopefully it goes well with minimal pain. I will check in again soon, I hope to not leave the blog for 2 weeks again, sorry folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment