Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Last Couple Weeks In A Nutshell

Well, it has been a wirlwind couple weeks and I appologize for not updating the blog in so long. One reason why I have been so distracted and busy is because I got a cellulitus infection in my axillar from my axillary clearance surgery and I ended up spending 6 days in hospital on IV anti-biotics. I was a bit of a nightmare but I am glad I am home and at least the infection has cleared.

Of course the infection had ramifications and delayed my chemo and port-o-cath insertion. I now start chemo on November 30th or December 1st.  I am also undergoing the zoladex injections for ovarian suppression which I start tomorrow, I am a little worried about getting a drug to put me into menopause but hopefully the symptoms wont be too bad.  Since my port insertion was delayed I am getting it on Friday. I have a busy weekend ahead and chemo is quickly approaching.

I am still very worried about chemo and I find myself very scared of an allergic reaction or severe side effects. I guess I have to find faith from somewhere, mine is dwindling and very sparse nowadays. I do find it hard lately to get excited and find happiness in things. I guess I have a hit a rut. I am sure I will feel better when all of this is behind me. In the beginning I never wanted to let breast cancer get me too far down, I guess I need to get back to that mantra. There are just so many stressful things, and I really miss my sister since she has decided to no longer be a part of my life. I guess the only thing keeping me going is my boys, they really do have the greatest ability to make me smile, they are fantastic.

Well I better run and get some things done. I am updating my ipod and getting somethings organized for Christmas. We are setting our tree up early so I can do it before Chemo and really enjoy it. I really love Christmas and I find myself very excited and I hope Chemo isn't too terrible so I can still enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment