Friday, November 5, 2010

An Update...

I have been extremely busy lately. I started my puregon (hormone injections) for embryo storage and its actually a lot easier to jab myself than I accepted. I am now on the last day of hormone injections and I have not turned into a pyscho which makes my husband more than happy, haha. I am very excited to have embryo's on ice and know that I have options. Then I can start chemo and get all of this over with and get on with living my life. I have had people ask if I will try 'naturally' to have children again prior to using IVF, and honestly I don't think I would. I want another baby now, so waiting will be hard enough. I think as soon as the Ocologist gives me the ok I will book into the clinic and tell them to insert the embryo as soon as possible. I hope I get a good amount of eggs at the pick up, fingers crossed.

At the moment I have been so busy with party planning and it was my son's 3rd birthday party on Sunday so I have been baking up a storm. I have made a few too many treats and have been 'supervising' decorations (I am still to sore to do too much labour). I have also been doing treat bags, organizing games, costumes (its a halloween party) and the menu plan. This will be my last big party effort for a while so I have to make a big effort and have lots of fun. I can sleep next week, and at this rate I will need it. I find that giving myself something to look forward to is really helpful mentally, and it helps me keep my mind off the bad stuff and get through each day. I cannot just let myself fall into a funk.

In order to play distraction I also signed up for a cake decorating class which I am really enjoying. Its Monday nigths for 4 weeks. I am a bit disappointed because I may miss the 3rd class because of chemo but I will see how I go. I love making cakes and hope that I can gain some new skilss and really improve my technique.

I am doing pretty well lately distracting myself and I have started back at the gym. I have been doing pump, step and some cardio to get back in the swing of things. I feel fantastic by working on my fitness. I have even managed to eat ZERO sugar or saturated fat for 4 days, which at the rate of my 'oh poor me' choclate addiction for a couple weeks is a big effort. I am rather proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment